Friday 29 August 2014

Opinion Hour - Is Journalism in Gaming Dead?

In the recent weeks, gaming has been turned on it head for the worse when gaming websites like Kotaku started to do shady business strategies with devs and Anita Sarkisian, preventing people from ever speaking out about any of the subject matters and even mention either Anita or Zoe Quinn means that person has been banned from the site. This is a HUGE problem because it generates such a mistrust amongst the gaming community as a whole, gamers will start rising up against the hypocrites in the journalist industry and show them that the gaming community isn't to be messed with. Sadly, the hypocrisy in gaming journalism is true and is causing the gaming community to divide against one another, people who are all for sites like Kotaku say that there is no clear evidence whilst others say there's a lot of evidence pointing towards these business practises.

So is the Journalism in Gaming dying or Dead?
Yes and no, yes because Journalists are killing their viewer ship by calling all gamers "Terrorists" or "MisodgyNerds" just because they are speaking out on their opinions. But, is it dead already? No, it can still recover from this if companies like Kotaku and many of the Devs apologies for what they've caused and maybe we could see improvements but we need to see them work, we want to see every detail about what they are doing instead of hiding it behind closed doors.

I, for one am very annoyed with people who say they know a lot about this whole debate but really they are just waving the flag, I have no clue how it started but I'm on the side for the gamers and I'll try my hardest to research how this got started and how to stop it from happening ever again. I will make a vow of trust,

I will never deceive my viewers into a false pretences,
I promise to never let corruption on this site to go unpunished,
I will make sure the views get what they want and not some one sided argument,
I promise to stand beside the gaming community no matter what,
I am a Gamer and I want to stay that way,

If you want more information about this "War" (As the journalists are calling it) then please visit this guys channel, he has some amazing videos that makes it easier to understand what's going on:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxXUQuvoiIAlpM2osoAitjQ

No comments:

Post a Comment